Discover Natural Neck Pain Treatment with Our Chiropractor in Stone Mountain
One of the most common conditions evaluated and treated at Stoneview Injury and Wellness Clinic is neck pain. This broad condition responds well to chiropractic care and other natural, non-invasive treatment. Our Stone Mountain chiropractor has helped people avoid long-term complications and find short-term relief for their neck pain.
Types of Neck Pain
Your neck (cervical spine) is made up bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves, and other connective tissues all working together. Sometimes, issues can crop up leading to uncomfortable and often debilitating symptoms such as neck pain and stiffness, shoulder pain and stiffness, headaches, jaw pain, and numbness and tingling in one or both arms.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Here are a few of the most common diagnoses we see:
- Osteoarthritis (joint inflammation due to wear and tear)
- Cervical stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Cervical radiculopathy (impingement of a spinal nerve root in the neck)
- Muscle strain or spasm
- Degenerative disc disease (thinning and degradation of the spinal discs)
- Disc herniation or bulge (injury to the disc causing it to rupture or bulge out of place)
- Joint lock or subluxation
- Whiplash (a syndrome caused by acceleration/deceleration of the body leading to cervical tissue damage)
Why might these conditions occur, and who gets them? Many environmental and genetic factors are at play, including:
- Poor posture (especially at work or while using a phone—hence the modern "tech neck" syndrome)
- Auto accidents or sports injury
- Repetitive movements
- Physically demanding jobs or lifestyle
- Sedentary lifestyle and other poor biomarkers of health including depression, anxiety, and even cigarette use
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain
Taking the whole person into consideration (not just their symptoms), our Stone Mountain chiropractor has helped people of all ages find drug-free relief from acute and chronic neck pain. Chiropractic adjustments realign your cervical spine, optimizing its mobility and function as well as relieving pressure on affected nerves or discs. Adjustments can also trigger a natural release of pain-relievers in the body, naturally soothing your discomfort.
Soft tissue massage relaxes tense muscles, breaks up fascial adhesions and scar tissue, and promotes healing circulation. Non-invasive modalities like electrical stimulation and ultrasound enhance circulation, spasm reduction, pain relief, and anti-inflammation. Lastly, Dr. Wilkerson can educate you on stretches, exercises, and ergonomic modifications to reduce continued strain on the neck and improve tissue healing and postural alignment.