Herniated Disc Treatment from our Stone Mountain Chiropractor
Many people seek treatment for back pain and discover that their pain is caused by problems with their spinal discs. Spinal discs are flat circles located on either side of the vertebrae and are there in order to act as shock absorbers for the spine. Sometimes problems with the disc, due to tears or misalignment can lead to nerve root pain. Herniated discs happen when the soft nuclear part of a spinal disc leaks (or herniates) out of the main disc and hits the nerve causing pain. At Stoneview Injury and Wellness Clinic, our Stone Mountain chiropractor can provide non-invasive, effective treatment for herniated discs.
Common Herniated Disc Symptoms
If you have a herniated or bulging disc, chances are you are in a good deal of pain. Common symptoms of herniated discs include:
- Numbness and tingling
- Leg pain (the sciatic nerve, which runs from the lower back and down the back if the leg, is often affected)
- Reduction in muscle strength
- Pain activated by movement
- No symptoms - sometimes a person can have a bulging disc in the upper part of the spine, and may actually feel little or no pain initially
Diagnosis of a Herniated Disc
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of a herniated disc, the only way to know for sure is to be properly evaluated. Various tests are performed in order to determine whether you are suffering from a bulging disc, or if you have another type of injury instead or in addition to spinal disc problems. These tests include:
- CT Scan - Similar to X-rays, theses scans take a computerized image of your spine to pinpoint problems
- MRI Scan - Uses magnetic resonance imaging to view spinal nerves, disc alignment, and other factors with precise accuracy
- X-Rays – Will not detect a herniated disc, but can rule out or detect other possible causes of your pain
Contact our Stone Mountain Chiropractor for Pain Relief
Our chiropractor can help you determine whether your back, leg, or limb pain is from a herniated disc or another problem entirely. At Stoneview Injury and Wellness Clinic we will fully evaluate what is going on, and work to fix any current problems as much as possible while preventing new issues in the future. To learn more, or to schedule an assessment, contact our chiropractor in Stone Mountain by calling us at 4042999066.