Understanding Functional Medicine in Stone Mountain, CA
When it comes to understanding functional medicine, you should first take a close look at the five principles of this type of medicine. In doing so, you are sure to have a clearer understanding of what functional medicine is. You can also visit a Stone Mountain chiropractor to learn more about functional medicine as well as learn if it can be of benefit to you. For now, let's take a close look at the five principles of functional medicine, including what it is.
What is Functional Medicine?
- Functional medicine is based upon the core belief that every single person is genetically and biochemically different, meaning all diseases among humans should be treated differently. Just because one disease for one person is cured through a certain remedy does not mean the cure will work for all humans suffering from the same disease.
- This type of medicine is deeply based on science. Research is shown through various maps and networks that show the relationships in the body that take place when certain medicines are administered; this detailed web of relationships gives a clear understanding of how the body functions.
- Functional medicine also believes that the body is very intelligent and has the capability to self-regulate itself.
- It also believes that the body is so intelligent that it has the capability to heal itself as well as prevent a large number of diseases that contribute to aging.
- Lastly, functional medicine focuses on the fact that health is much more than the absence of disease.
Contact Us Today
If you would like to learn more about functional medicine, there are a ton of sites online that can provide you with valuable information. Also, please don't hesitate to contact Stoneview Injury and Wellness Clinic to learn more. We can inform you of the various ways chiropractic care can be of the utmost value to your health.